The death of a family member or close friend can trigger a multitude of legal issues.  If you have recently lost a loved one, we invite you to contact the Virtual Law Office of Diane Cohen, P.A. to assist you.  Our compassionate team of legal professionals will help you sort through the issues so that you may take the time you need to grieve without the added worries.

Occasionally, the probate process is required to settle the affairs of your loved one, but not always.  We are here to help you determine whether probate is necessary or whether a more efficient way of handling the estate is available to you.

Probate may be necessary even if your loved had a will.  The probate process begins with the court reviewing the will to determine whether it is valid under Florida law.  The process then continues for the purpose of insuring that your loved one’s wishes are carried out.  The surviving spouse and all beneficiaries named in the will, as well as any creditors of the decedent, must be notified that probate proceedings have commenced.

If your loved one died without a will, the probate process will involve determining who should receive the decedent’s property.

During the probate process, the court will appoint someone to administer the estate.  If there is a will, the decedent probably nominated the person he or she would like the court to appoint.  That person will then be required to gather the assets, pay any creditors, and distribute the balance of the estate to the beneficiaries.  Florida law requires that the person hire an attorney to represent him or her in these proceedings.  A good probate attorney will make the process go as smooth and efficient as possible.  At the Virtual Law Office of Diane Cohen, P.A. we are committed to helping you with this process so that the grief you suffer from the loss of your loved one is not intensified by the probate process.

The Virtual Law Office of Diane Cohen, P.A. is just a click away.  If you are in need of a Florida probate attorney, give us a call at (352) 637-1899 or send us your information using the Free Case Consultation block on the left.  We sympathize with your loss and look forward to helping you with this very important matter.